For a while now, a great baby bed is rocking through the Internet. And this is also to be understood verbatim, because it is really a chic DIY moon swing made of wood. Specifically, made of pallets. And building pallet furniture by itself is anyway already long on everyone’s lips. Have you ever built something from Europaletten? Well, the swing is already available in some online shops.
If you do not have 900 euros for the sweet DIY moon swing from Anglaise site For example, but still have enough skill, we have a simple DIY guide ready for you. Get the necessary materials and tools and get started!
Materials and tools:
- 3 wooden pallets
- A medium density fiberboard (MDF) 244x122cm 15mm thick
- A medium density fibreboard (MDF) 84x44cm 10-15mm thick
- Grinding machine
- Cordless drill
- Fretsaw machine
- Electric hacksaw
- Angle grinder
- Drilling tools
- Wood glue
- Wood stain or lacquer
DIY Instructions: Moon swing from pallets
- Step 1:
- Carefully disassemble the pallets so they do not break.
- Step 2:
- Then sand all the pallet boards one by one using the sanding machine
- Step 3:
- Cut out the two sides of the moon swing from the larger MDF plate as shown below.
- Step 4:
- Lay the pallet boards horizontally close together and use the already cut MDF plates as a template. Then draw the moon shape with a pencil on it so that you can then cut it out with the angle grinder.
- Step 5:
- Then screw the moon sides together using the smaller MDF plate and some pallet boards.
- Step 6:
- Then clad the rocking boards with the already prepared pallet boards using the wood glue.
- Step 7:
- Paint a few stars of different sizes on cardboard and carry them on the moon pages.
- Step 8:
- Carefully cut them out using the electric hacksaw.
- Step 9:
- Also make a wooden wedge so that the moon swing can not fall backwards.
- Step 10:
- Now, only the moon swing remains the finishing touch by painting or painting it nicely.
And…. Voilà! Since you already have your beautiful DIY baby bed.
Then round off the whole thing with a comfortable babymat and a cozy soft duvet. Of course the favorite toys of your baby are also included.
And so your little treasure is always a sweet one Dreaming on the moon swing , Tell him beautiful fairy tales and good-night stories or sing very quietly…
In the sky go the sheep, The little ones are the lambs, The moon is the shepherd.