Sheesham furniture is a true exotic newcomer when it comes to stylish interior design and first-class interior design. The high-quality tropical wood not only looks effective and noble, but it has many beneficial properties that are not only of great interest to the furniture industry. Stay with us and learn more in the next few lines about the valuable precious wood of the Sheeshambaumes and its versatile application as well as the proper care of the noble Sheesham furniture.
Sheesham furniture provides optimal comfort in your own home
The most important facts about Sheesham
In addition to teak, oak, cherry and cedar, sheesham wood is one of the most popular precious woods used in the furniture industry in particular. The Sheesha tree ( Dalbergia sissoo), Also called Shisha, Thila, Indian Rosewood or East Indian Rosewood, is a remarkable, fast-growing tree species that belongs to the Rosewood Group. As a state and coat of arms of the Indian state of Punjab and the Pakistani province of the same name, the tree has always been one of the best-known trees in the region. Today, the sheesha tree is grown mainly in large plantations and also as a useful shade donor in cities and on tea plantations.
The sheesham wood is a noble, high-quality tropical wood, which is excellently suited for carpentry work, veneer production or as parquet wood. But also in boat building and in the production of traditional musical instruments, such as sitar for example, Sheesham is always preferred. It’s no wonder that sheesham wood is so versatile, because the valuable material is not only sturdy and sturdy, but also easy to care for and durable.
Every single sheeshamwood piece of furniture is unique
In addition, the otherwise hard wood has a medium-fine texture and pampers the senses with a pleasant smell. Its spectacular, striking grain creates an unmistakable decorative look. The shades vary from golden and tobacco brown to violet and greenish to chocolaty. And the dark veining of the wood is often almost black.
Sheesham wood – an easy-care, noble material for your furniture
Extra tips for taking care of your Sheesham furniture
- The Sheesham furniture must not be exposed to direct sunlight. Otherwise they can darken unevenly. Always use blinds or awnings in direct sunlight to enjoy your furniture in perfect condition for longer.
- Always keep room temperature and humidity evenly so that the sheesham wood does not stretch or contract. At the same time you avoid the appearance of unsightly cracks on the wooden surface.
- Also, be careful not to wipe the Sheesham furniture with damp cloths. Excessive moisture is bad for your precious, exotic pieces of furniture. Experts advise, a room temperature of about 20 degrees and a humidity of about 50 to 60% would be optimal.
- Regular cleaning is highly advisable. Do this with either water or a little neutral, chemical-free soap and a fiber-free cloth. Scouring cream and aggressive household cleaners are an absolute taboo here!
- Do not polish your Sheesham furniture more than 2-3 times a year. The best are beeswax or hard wood oil. When cleaning or polishing, always pay attention to the grain.
- To avoid wet stains or soiling from food scraps, always use coasters and tablecloths.
Maintain your Sheesham furniture and enjoy it longer!
With the Buy high quality sheeshamwood furniture opt for timeless, noble pieces that simply always remain unique. Their uniqueness is guaranteed by the fact that the intense grain and the variety of colors of this tropical wood make each individual piece of furniture look different. Add to that a lot of useful features like longevity, robustness, easy care and an excellent price-performance ratio, which make Sheesham furniture one of the most popular. Observe the care tips given above and let yourself be advised in your purchase decision by the experienced staff of the online shop or shop of your choice. So there’s nothing to stop you from getting your perfect Sheesham furniture soon.
Treat yourself to excellent furniture quality from the tropics!
And look forward to first-class timelessness and optimum living comfort!