Spring has long been here and the weather is getting more and more beautiful. Naturally, you want to spend more time outdoors: the sunny hours in the garden become longer and more pleasant… That is why a proper and beautiful garden setting is in the spotlight. But as you can close yourself, you should not just put on beautiful furniture, matching garden plants and eye-catching decoration! Other garden aspects are also strongly represented in garden design, including garden irrigation. A well functioning garden should have a reliable irrigation if you want to enjoy beautiful plants and an attractive appearance. An appealing outdoor area is based on good planning and diligent gardening!
In the case of garden irrigation you should select the right irrigation system, so that the garden works well. This must correspond to the garden design and the personal requirements of the garden owners. In doing so, garden pumps A practical and advantageous solution for the modern garden. Fortunately, one has a wide range of designs and functions. What are the characteristics of a garden pump and what is the right one for your garden?
Application possibilities for the garden pump
You use garden pumps not only for flower and lawn irrigation. The garden pump is also suitable for pressure elevation of garden sprinklers and for drainage. For example, the pool can be pumped out or standing water (such as large puddles) pumped empty. Since pumps are not only fixed but also mobile, you can clean the terrace and the yard in this way.
How does a garden pump work and which is right for your garden?
The garden pump works according to the principle of the jet pump. Each garden pump has a generator that generates pressure. It has a motor that sets a small impeller in motion. Thus, flow is generated and the rotation of the impeller also causes the water to move. This creates a vacuum with a suction effect.
What are the advantages of a garden pump?
A garden pump assures comfort in the outdoor area for a few reasons:
- The use of a garden pump is money saving
- One benefits from an intelligent garden irrigation, if one is based on a pump, which has an electronic control system or a check valve
What criteria should a garden pump meet?
If you select a garden pump, you should pay attention:
- The performance – Some garden pumps are powered by electricity, others by gasoline or solar energy. Do you want to irrigate large areas or smaller ones? Depending on the choice, you have to choose between independent, gasoline and electric garden pumps. Be careful, however, that if you need high power, you should also expect higher energy consumption.
- The suction height -this is the height difference between the pump and the water source
- The discharge height – this is the height difference between the water surface and the water extraction. The discharge height can be higher than the suction height.
If you are looking for a well-tended garden, do not neglect its irrigation! Make a well-informed decision and enjoy a wonderful relaxation area in spring and summer!