Fortunately, lemonade is not the only thing you can do with a lemon. So, if life gives you lemons, you can just implement some of the ideas in the list below. Because this fragrant fruit is not only healthy, it also has a lot of beneficial properties that make it an effective helper in almost every aspect of your life. The well-proven exotic that has conquered the world can also help with cleaning, washing, disinfecting, removing bad odors and so on. Depending on your needs, you can use the lemon differently every time. Look down here like.
The lemon – a remarkable fruit from the south
The lemon neutralizes unpleasant odors
- Lemon peels in the dustbin: The lemon scent and the essential oils The fruit repel insects and serve as a natural preservative. Just put some lemon peels in the bottom of the trash can before you put in the garbage. Incidentally, limes and oranges are also suitable for this.
- If the channels are clogged: Add two tablespoons of soda and add the juice of two lemons. Wait a minute and then pour hot water over it. The mixture of these two active substances clears the channel of organic pollution and the lemon at the same time provides a pleasant fragrance, while sparing the environment.
Lemon and soda – a strong combination against bad smells
- dried lemon peel for the fireplace: Just throw a few of them in the open fire. The fruit peels burn slowly and a wonderful aroma is the result.
- Refresh the fridge: Put a bit of lemon juice on a cotton pad or sponge and put it in the fridge for a few hours. The fresh difference you notice immediately.
- Flavor room air: If you use humidifiers at home, you can easily put a little bit of lemon juice in the water for the device.
Alternatively: do 1-2 drops of lemon oil in the humidifier water
- Refresh hands: If you z. If you have cooked onions, garlic or fish, your hands often smell pretty unpleasant. You can make up for that by rubbing your hands with a sliced lemon.
- The litter box: With a sliced lemon near the litter box you can noticeably weaken unpleasant scents.
From empty lemon peels you can make original candles yourself
The lemon cleans and disinfects
- Clean chopping board: Put some salt on the cutting board and rub it with a sliced lemon. This creates a peeling effect and the board is not only freed from dirt and grease, but also disinfected at the same time.
Instead of salt, you can also use soda
- Remove kettle from lime: Add the juice of two lemons to the kettle with a little water and heat briefly. Allow to soak in for a few minutes and rinse off.
- Clean the coffee pot: The Espresso coffee pot can be cleaned in a similar way to the kettle by adding lemon juice instead of coffee and placing it on the hot stove.
- Clean the microwave: The hardened, black remains in the microwave can be easily removed with freshly squeezed lemon juice. Place a bowl of about 1/2 liter of water and lemon juice or whole slices of lemon in the microwave and heat for 5 minutes at the highest level. After that, all you have to do is wipe the inside walls of the microwave with a damp cloth. Finished!
The lemon – a natural cleaner for all purposes
- Wash sink and sink: Dilute lemon juice with water in a ratio of 2: 1 and pour the solution into a spray bottle. Just go with it, as with the conventional cleaning agents.
- Clean the grater better: Often the tiny openings of the kitchen grater are too difficult to clean. The lemon helps again, which you just rub directly on the dirty spots.
If the skin is too sensitive it is recommended to wear rubber gloves
- Clean windows: Like vinegar, lemon is perfect for your dirty windows, especially if they have greasy stains. Depending on how dirty you can put the lemon juice undiluted directly onto the window cloth or dilute it with a little water and spray it on the window again with the help of a spray bottle.
- Polish furniture: Add 1/2 tsp of lemon juice to 100 ml of olive oil and polish the wooden surfaces. Olive oil cares for the wood and the lemon has a cleansing and disinfecting effect.
The countertop in the kitchen benefits as well
- Remove rust stains on marble: Let lemon juice work on the affected areas for a few minutes and then rinse with lukewarm water. Afterwards you can easily polish the marble with some oil.
- Lime gone: Sprinkle the affected areas with soda and immediately pour lemon juice on top. Then wipe with a damp cloth.
- Clean jewelery: Brass, copper and silver can be perfectly cleaned with lemon. Discoloration and dark spots are just gone in a few minutes. If the jewelry is too discolored, you can also add some vinegar or later rub with fine-grained soda and a soft cloth.
- Clean wooden floor: A great environmentally friendly cleaning agent You can also make your own for the soil by diluting lemon with water. This solution works against mildew and bacteria and provides a pleasant, fresh fragrance in your home.
Also rely on the power of nature when cleaning!
The lemon makes you more beautiful
- apply against pimples: 1 tbsp coconut oil mixed with a few drops of lemon juice will have an antibacterial and hydrating effect on your face.
- Combat blackheads: Rub the delicate areas of your face either directly with a lemon half or with diluted lemon juice on a cotton pad.
- Naturally reduce pores: Prepare a face mask from the juice of a lemon and a protein. Put these on your face and wait about 10 minutes. Then rinse thoroughly with lukewarm water.
Spoil your skin and your senses with the gifts of nature!
- proceed against cellulite: With a homemade body scrub made from lemon juice, grated lemon peel and sugar, massage these areas of the body affected by cellulite at least 2-3 times a week.
- more shine for the hair: After washing your hair, simply rinse with diluted lemon juice and, if possible, allow to dry in the sun.
- helps against dandruff: Make yourself a head massage with 2 tablespoons of lemon juice at least 2-3 times a week and the dandruff will soon be gone.
The lemon gives the hair shine and health
The lemon gives you health
- Detox cure at home Every morning for about 2 weeks drink a glass of lemon water with 1/2 teaspoon of soda on an empty stomach. Then you can take another two weeks break and do the cure again. If you are pregnant or have a medical condition, you should definitely ask your GP first.
- Keep acid-base balance in balance: Drink a lot of water all day with a few drops of lemon.
Extra tip: Take only organic lemons to you!
You can drink lemon water even on an empty stomach
- Sleep better: Every night before going to bed lay a sliced lemon beside your bed. The next day you are rested and much better mood.
- instead of using bleach: First, soak the white sheets in warm water with lemon juice and then wash as usual. So the bedding is much kinder to the skin.
Save the environment and your skin!
- nicer nails: Mix 1 tbsp of olive oil with the juice of a freshly squeezed lemon and hold your fingers in it for a few minutes. With regular use, nails become harder and discoloration is usually gone too.
Rely on the natural power of the lemon and live healthy!
Mix refreshing thirst quencher full of vitamins and minerals!
Strengthen your immune system with lemons!
Incidentally, organic lemons are an excellent toy for toddlers
Make face masks, body scrubs and lip scrubs with lemon!
Use the lemon regularly in your household work!
Aromatize and decorate your home with the radiant exotic!