Creative interior design ideas for the youth room
Where has the time gone really? The parents ask that if your Scion at lightning speed has grown into teenagers, and earnestly asks that his uncool kid’s room is transformed into a hip youth room. Parental reluctance on the redesign of the room usually has nothing with the costs or the expense to do, but with the increased demands which a teenager’s room and his facility is a real challenge. The most serious problem, however, is that everything needs to be bigger. The bed should be as wide as one metre, the desk needs extra space for a computer and the wardrobe extends also as the fashion-conscious teen love and constantly expands its clothing selection. Seating areas for reading and relaxing with friends may also not be missing and best there is still an accommodation for the buddy or best friend. But where will all the furniture will be staying? In particular, where little space available?
Bunk beds – not only what kind of children’s room
Space can be a high bed. If you submit this proposal to your pupil, he may react perhaps with a groan at the first moment. But if you show the benefits that brings a high bed with it can be placed on him, he will think quickly otherwise. Long gone are the days where bunk beds were given feed only in children’s rooms. Even adults increasingly enjoy the piece of furniture space saving. Free space for shelves, desk and a comfortable seating area opens up under the high bed. The room is used so twice in this area. For small rooms, there’s hardly a better way of setting up. If your child but not with one bunk bed will do, there are alternatives. A pull-out bed that offers a comfortable place to sleep overnight guests is extremely handy. And also a sofa which serves as cosy seating during the day and at night as a comfortable bed, represents an elegant solution for sophisticated teens. A more highly customized solution is a construction of a bed and a desk, how something can look like, see our article “space-saving bed and desk in one”.
Save space, space use
In addition to an intelligent sleep possibility there is of course more ways useful to establish the youth room. When setting up, keep in mind the following tips:
• access cabinets of narrow, use from the ceiling height and shelves back instead of half-height furniture, which extend far into the room
• Increase the mobility and uses furniture with roles (E.g. a maneuverable nightstand serves during the day as a coffee table)
• Space in addition taking a sofa to the bed; There are alternative seating, trendy beanbags (here you will find the youth collection by Sitzclub.de)
• use all available niches; behind the door, for example, space for a mirror or a cloakroom for bags or caps is
• Base cabinets worked to can be highly attached to the wall and offer storage space for rarely used cards
• the TV want to Miss not a kid in his room after a certain age; the TV to the desired location on the wall can be mounted with special brackets and required so no space-consuming storage
Often, creativity is needed to cope with the challenging task of youth furnishings . Try to understand the given tips and sent to apply the design space, taking into account its individual circumstances. And don’t forget: you are taking only the role of the “consultant” – ultimately your child decides the elementary things, so it feels afterwards in his new home.