The holiday season has definitely begun. Maybe most of you already know where to go this year. Especially early bookers have certainly secured their holiday by February-March at the latest. By the sea or in the mountains, through exciting cities or on a cruise ship – everyone can choose their own, completely individual way to relax. However, if you still have not decided where to find your holiday happiness and do not really want to spend a lot of money then you are in the right place. Because today we’ll tell you 10 great and very cheap holiday destinations in Europe and also give you some important tips when searching for and booking your flights and accommodations.
Cheap holiday destinations: what are the trends 2018?
It is already clear: according to the Federal Statistical Office (Destastis) are the most expensive holiday destinations in Europe for the Germans: Iceland, Norway, Switzerland and Denmark and the cheapest – Bulgaria, Turkey, Hungary and Croatia. The statistics are mainly based on the prices of restaurant and hotel services as well as catering costs, which are compared with the German standard of living. Of course, when planning your next vacation, you should not only consider your wallet, but also other criteria, such as security. What does the political situation in a country look like, which natural conditions prevail, etc.
Find cheap holiday destinations and enjoy life!
10 countries that we recommend as cheap holiday destinations
Whether you are looking for cheap holiday destinations by the sea or in the mountains, you will certainly find the right thing in one or more countries from our list below. Some of them are traditional holiday destinations for German tourists, others are only recently visited more often and still others are still more likely than insider tips.
Sparfüchse, watch out! In these 10 countries, you get the most holiday for your money:
# 1 Bulgaria
# 2 Turkey
# 3 Georgia
# 4 Albania
# 5 Croatia
# 6 Montenegro
# 7 Romania
# 8 Slovenia
# 9 Hungary
# 10 Portugal
In addition, countries such as Poland, Malta, Greece and of course Spain are always recommended. Especially the Canary Islands advertise this year with incredibly affordable holiday offers. An alternative for Turkey are currently Tunisia and Egypt.
The underrated city of Gdansk in Poland
And if you’re more into the exotic, then Vietnam, Bali, Sri Lanka and Indonesia, as well as South Africa, are particularly cheap this year and have lots to see and do, especially away from any major tourist destination.
Extra tips for your vacation planning:
- Although the Scandinavian countries are among the most expensive holiday destinations, you can also make a cheaper holiday if you choose the right season for it. For example, September is highly recommended for a holiday in these countries. Just then you can also observe the polar lights in the sky.
- Select flights that are not on weekends but take place from Tuesday to Thursday. Because then the prices are the cheapest.
- If possible, always book flights and transfers separately and on the websites of the airlines. We also recommend using the skyscanner.de and momondo.com platforms. You can also get very cheap flights through Google Flights.
- If possible, travel in the low season or benefit from the numerous early bird discounts.
- The best place to look for accommodation is Airbnb.com or for hostel fans: hostelworld.com and hostelbookers.com
- Super great holiday bargains can often be found on sites like urlaubsguru.de, urlaubspiraten.de or urlaubstracker.de
- Get additional inspiration from Instagram Instagram, because there you can find really authentic information and lots of tips.
So, where should it go this year? Find your very special holiday destination and recharge your batteries with energy and strength.
The Freshideen-Redaktion wishes you a lot of luck and a dream vacation!
Beautiful Bulgaria – the quaint town of Melnik in the southwest
And the mystic Rhodope Mountains in the south of the country
Still further south – Oludeniz National Park in Turkey
And the unmistakable Pamukkale
Majestic panoramas from Albania
And the unrestricted expanse of the Tusheti National Park in Georgia