Cool and useful wall decoration
Now the year is 2014 already here and I am trying to organise everything a bit better. The boards are great for organizing documents and calendars. They can serve as a sort of command center for the kitchen and for the whole House.
Here, you can spend a bit more time for creative ideas and it also create a beautiful wall decoration.
Make wall themselves
There are so many possibilities! I’ve seen beautiful decorating of this type! You could create a great work through four frames, which serves as the centre piece. You can decide also for glass surface, where you can wipe dry everything.
Materials and tools
2 IKEA Norilda frame60 x 120 cm CorkHow to contact with adhesive10 cm wide adhesive tapeSpray craft or latex paintTools for cutting, X-acto knife, ruler of metal and cutting mat
Take off the back layer of the frame and remove the carton
1. roll out the Cork and record the shape of the wall including the frame.
Tip: Roll the night before the Cork mat and oppress them with heavy books. So you can work more easily the next day.
Cut the Cork with the help of the cutting mat
2. cut the Cork with the help of the cutting mat with the X-acto knife and the Metalllinear. Trim them carefully with the help of sharp knives.
Add contact adhesive and carefully remove the Cork
3. again place some heavy books so that everything is evenly distributed. Tip: Add multiple layers, so that everything will be fixed, because the contact cement is downwind very quickly.
Put the tape
4. If you want to achieve a simple Chevron design, should be from the inside to outside work. Use two pieces of tape, so as to obtain a simple, accurate interior design. The one piece of tape on the other should be attached to the interfaces and you should use an X-acto knife to separate the waste material.
Push down the whole tape
5. push down the whole tape and add a thin layer of color with spray so that it dries out between the various layers. You can insert also latex paint.
6. when the paint dries off, you can remove the tape.
Remove the glass from the frame
7. remove the glass from the frame, if you want to have a cork wall or keep this, if you can write on it and then wipe. Then mount on the wall and start attaching the needles.
What will be the first what you would install it?